From WikiLove - The Encyclopedia of Love
It is expressing warm and affections, having a kind and compassionate heart, intense warm feelings from moments thoughtful and caring gestures, being pure and selfless to someone or fondness and gentle expression of love.
Tenderness has always been regarded as a blossom of love which involves increased sensitivity. In moments of tenderness it is as though the ego and all its machinations momentarily melt away so that one's feelings are heightened and one is moved by the impulse to reach out with a comforting hand. Respect is a fence that prevents people from harming one another. But strengthening the ties that bind and make us human requires something more intimate which is the feeling of tenderness. Tenderness is also important for relationship satisfaction. Tender actions means a person is being gentle with the ones they love. It is associated with a feeling of warmth, love and security in a relationship.
- Try A Little Tenderness by Otis Redding
- Morning Tenderness by Najee
- Love Me Tender by Elvis Presley
- Tenderness by Robert Cormier
- "Now he’s looking for some tenderness—tenderness he finds in caressing and killing beautiful girls."
- Try a Little Tenderness by Joan Jonker
- "Who will learn that a little tenderness goes a long way?"
- Tenderness by Dorothy Garlock
- "...and when the whole town blames Wade for a horrible crime, Jesse must prove his innocence -- and her love."
“Every day we slaughter our finest impulses. That is why we get a heartache when we read
those lines written by the hand of a master and recognize them as our own,
as the tender shoots which we stifled because we lacked the faith to believe
in our own powers, our own criterion of truth and beauty."
"Every man, when he gets quiet, when he becomes desperately honest with himself,
is capable of uttering profound truths.We all derive from the same source.
There is no mystery about the origin of things. We are all part of creation,
all kings, all poets, all musicians; we have only to open up, only to discover what is already there.”
- - from Henry Miller
“Do you know what it means to come home at night to a woman who'll give you a little love,
a little affection, a little tenderness? It means you're in the wrong house, that's what it means.”
- - from Henny Youngman
- “Tenderness and kindness are not signs of weakness and despair, but manifestations of strength and resolution.”
- - from Kahlil Gibran
- Hearts Love Tenderness - Peel and Stick Wall Decal by Wallmonkeys
Description of the product : WallMonkeys uses premium materials & state-of-the-art production technologies. Our wall graphics apply in minutes and won't damage your paint or leave any residue behind. PLEASE double check the size of the image you are ordering prior to clicking the 'ADD TO CART' button. Our graphics are offered in a variety of sizes and prices.
- Sweet cat in love, invitation
Description of the product : Make personalized announcements and invitations for every occasion! Customize both sides of this flat card for free.
5.25" x 5.25" – A square alternative! Choose from six paper types and nine colors High quality, full-color, full-bleed printing on both sides Each invitation comes with a white envelope Additional sizes available Postage rate for this size invitation (up to 1 oz) is $0.66
- Motherly Tenderness
Description of the product : (18 in x 24 in) (Premium Poster)